Bent's RV New Orleans Blog
- 0 0Published on Feb 20, 2017
Where to camp for Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras festivities attract nearly 1.2 million people to the city of New Orleans every year. That’s almost 3x the population!!! And every year, those million people flock to the downtown and French Quarter areas to take part in the parades, Fat Tuesday celebration and much, much more. So where do you put 1.2 million people overnight? Nearby hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, even Airbnb sets people up. But, what about the people that come to camp for the week? There happens to be quite a few campgrounds and RV parks in or near the city. We’ve got your list of best places to camp for Mardi Gras in 2017.
- Mardi Gras RV Park and Motel- The Red Carpet Inn and Suites, located at 6050 Chef Manteur Highway, New Orleans. This place has the best of both with a motel and RV park in one. Just 5 miles from the downtown area, Mardi Gras RV Park and Motel has 100 paved and grassy RV sites along with a motel for guests to stay. The sites offer 30/50 amps with full hookups, free shower and laundry facilities, a fitness facility, pool, dump station and convenience store. Free Wi-Fi is available and pets are allowed. To check availability you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-290-0085
- KOA- There is 4 KOA campgrounds in Louisiana but the closest to New Orleans is the New Orleans KOA. Located at 11129 Jefferson Highway, River Ridge, LA, this KOA has full hookups and can accommodate any size RV. They have paved or grassy campsites with 30/50 amp hookups, free cable and Wi-Fi, shower and laundry facilities, and pets are allowed. The New Orleans KOA offers a free shuttle to the downtown and French Quarter area so you don’t have to worry about driving. For availability you can call 800-562-5110.
- Jude Travel Park- Conveniently located off the main highway just 5 minutes from downtown New Orleans, Jude Travel Park is a full service RV Park. Their facility is gated to offer the utmost safety and privacy; they have 30/50 amp hookups, shower and laundry facilities, a saltwater pool, and free cable and Wi-Fi. Jude also has a shuttle service to the downtown and French Quarter areas. Although a smaller RV park, their facility is well-maintained and the staff friendly. Call 800-523-2196 for availability.
- Ponchartrain RV Park and Marina- Located at 6001 France Rd, New Orleans, this RV park is another best of both. This is a top rated RV Park in the city and offers full RV park services as well as a marina for your boating activities. Ponchartrain RV park is another gated park for your safety and security. They offer not only RV accommodations but villas as well if you need a break from your RV for a night. On-site is a full restaurant and bar and convenience store. There is free Wi-Fi, showers and laundry facilities, pool and hot tub, and has waterfront RV sites for your viewing pleasure. There is a free shuttle here as well with service both day and night to the downtown area. For availability call, 877-376-7850.
There are other RV sites further outside the city if you prefer to be away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. With it being so close to the start of the week-long festivities, availability close to the area may be scarce anyway. Wherever you stay, be safe and enjoy the celebration!